- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: England
- Region: England
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Chapel Down
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Secondary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £23.92
- Code: 27176
- NV, Silver Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- NV, Bronze International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This cracking white Sparkling Wine from Chapel Down originates from England. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Chapel Down. Chapel Down Classic Brut, England is an inspired wine, made with Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Blanc/Bianco grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is available to order online today. Excellent partner for light dishes based on white fish or chicken, green vegetables, salads and savoury cheese dishes. This wine is in our core range.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
A leading English producer with a world-class range of sparkling and still wines. Based in Kent, winemaker Josh Donaghay-Spire sources fruit across the South East and produces traditional method sparkling wines, crisp, aromatic white wines, delicate rosés and elegant light red wines. The ability to source grape varieties from different terroirs enables results in a broad range of wine styles whilst also dedicating the best plots to single vineyard projects, such as the Kit’s Coty collection.
The excitement around English wines continues to grow with more area under vine and further investments, not to mention global accolades, year on year. With the call for 'local' ever more apparent to the consumer, now is the time to explore the best our nation's vineyards have to offer.Explore England