- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: England
- Region: England
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Nyetimber
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Secondary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £34.53
- Code: 25036
- 2009, English Sparkling Trophy International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This super white Sparkling Wine produced by Nyetimber is crafted in England. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Nyetimber Ltd. Nyetimber Classic Cuvee, England is an inviting wine, made with Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. A wonderful accompaniment to seafood or canapés featuring duck or beetroot. This a core range wine.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
In 2006, Eric Heerema became the owner and custodian of Nyetimber, believing that the estate, with its ideal soil and location, had yet to achieve full potential. In 2018, Head Winemaker Cherie Spriggs won the title of Sparkling Winemaker of the Year at the International Wine Challenge, making history by becoming the first female and person from outside of Champagne to win this prestigious award, testament to her expertise and commitment to elevating Nyetimber to the status it has today.
The excitement around English wines continues to grow with more area under vine and further investments, not to mention global accolades, year on year. With the call for 'local' ever more apparent to the consumer, now is the time to explore the best our nation's vineyards have to offer.Explore England