- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: England
- Region: England
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Nyetimber
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Secondary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £34.27
- Code: 25036
- GOLD (2009) International Wine Challenge 2017
- English Sparkling Trophy (2009) International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This sparkling white wine is made by Nyetimber in England. A wonderful accompaniment to seafood or canapés featuring duck or beetroot. Formed from primarily Chardonnay grapes, this wine is vegetarian and vegan friendly. Supplied by Nyetimber.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
In 2006, Eric Heerema became the owner and custodian of Nyetimber, believing that the estate, with its ideal soil and location, had yet to achieve full potential. In 2018, Head Winemaker Cherie Spriggs won the title of Sparkling Winemaker of the Year at the International Wine Challenge, making history by becoming the first female and person from outside of Champagne to win this prestigious award, testament to her expertise and commitment to elevating Nyetimber to the status it has today.
Our national vineyards are growing and thriving and this is an exciting time for the burgeoning industry with 2018 being a record year and forecasts set to grow to production of 40 million bottles by 2040.Explore England