- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: France
- Region: Alsace
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Emile Beyer
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Secondary grape: Pinot Blanc/Bianco
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £17.75
- Code: 35035
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This wonderful white Sparkling Wine produced by Emile Beyer is produced in Alsace. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Emile Beyer. Crémant d'Alsace Cuvée Emile-Victor, Emile Beyer is an inviting wine, made with Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc/Bianco and Pinot Noir grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Great with roasted pork, vegetable dishes and creamy sauces.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
Pinot Blanc can be described as a versatile white grape which creates sweetness and low acidity wines. On the palate they show a range of apple flavors with some light mineral characteristics.
- Crushed Gravel
- Green Almond
- Lemon Zest
Only deep rooting vines in living soil enable all the subtleties of a wine with a strong identity to be expressed. This is why the Emile Beyer winery believe that a commitment to organic winemaking is essential. The relationship between a wine and the environment that produces it is an intimate one. It’s as much about history and culture as geology and climate. They see the role of a winemaker as being a creator of emotion, revealing in the wine, the essence of its origin.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France