- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: France
- Region: Alsace
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Emile Beyer
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Secondary grape: Pinot Blanc/Bianco
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £17.75
- Code: 35035
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This delightful white Sparkling wine by Emile Beyer is made in Alsace. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark so you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Emile Beyer. Crémant d'Alsace Cuvée Emile-Victor is an inspired wine, made with Glera, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes. This cork closed wine is crafted using organic practices and made to be suitable for vegan consumers; this wine contains sulphites. Great with roasted pork, vegetable dishes and creamy sauces.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
Pinot Blanc can be described as a versatile white grape which creates sweetness and low acidity wines. On the palate they show a range of apple flavors with some light mineral characteristics.
- Crushed Gravel
- Green Almond
- Lemon Zest
Only deep rooting vines in living soil enable all the subtleties of a wine with a strong identity to be expressed. This is why the Emile Beyer winery believe that a commitment to organic winemaking is essential. The relationship between a wine and the environment that produces it is an intimate one. It’s as much about history and culture as geology and climate. They see the role of a winemaker as being a creator of emotion, revealing in the wine, the essence of its origin.
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France