- Type: White
- Country: England
- Region: England
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: Chapel Down
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £15.25
- Code: 27180
- NV, Silver Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- 2018, Bronze International Wine Challenge 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This enjoyable white Wine from Chapel Down is crafted in England. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Chapel Down. Chapel Down Flint Dry is an interesting wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This screwcap wine is available to order online today. Light and refreshing, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
A leading English producer with a world-class range of sparkling and still wines. Based in Kent, winemaker Josh Donaghay-Spire sources fruit across the South East and produces traditional method sparkling wines, crisp, aromatic white wines, delicate rosés and elegant light red wines. The ability to source grape varieties from different terroirs enables results in a broad range of wine styles whilst also dedicating the best plots to single vineyard projects, such as the Kit’s Coty collection.
The excitement around English wines continues to grow with more area under vine and further investments, not to mention global accolades, year on year. With the call for 'local' ever more apparent to the consumer, now is the time to explore the best our nation's vineyards have to offer.Explore England