- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Lombardia
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Bottega
- Primary grape: Glera
- Secondary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £22.00
- Code: 31045
- 2018, Silver Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This excellent white Sparkling Wine created by Bottega is produced in the Lombardia area of Veneto. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Bottega SPA. Bottega White Gold Spumante is an inviting wine, made with Glera, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Whilst famed as an apéritif, the soft fizz of Prosecco also partners light chicken dishes, delicate seafood and salads well.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
- Citrus Blossom
- Green Apple
From vineyard to bottle, each moment of creation is monitored with artisan care and detail. Family-owned and led by Sandro Bottega, they produce premium quality, wines, based on: Quality and Typicality, Design and Innovation and Sustainability. Centred on saving water, reducing CO2 emissions and chemicals, and recycling waste materials, their vineyards are grown according to organic principles: use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, GMOs and GMO-derived products is forbidden.
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy