- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Prosecco
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Bottega
- Primary grape: Glera
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £16.24
- Code: 37560
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This enjoyable white Sparkling Wine produced by Bottega originates from the Conegliano e Valdobbiadene area of Veneto. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Bottega SPA. Bottega Poeti Prosecco DOCG Rive Extra Dry is a delighful wine, made from Glera grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Ideal as an aperitif, it is a perfect match with fish starters and first courses (baccalà mantecato and shellfish), and also vegetable-based dishes like risotto with asparagus, poultry or fish second courses, fruit and pastries.
- Citrus Blossom
- Green Apple
From vineyard to bottle, each moment of creation is monitored with artisan care and detail. Family-owned and led by Sandro Bottega, they produce premium quality, wines, based on: Quality and Typicality, Design and Innovation and Sustainability. Centred on saving water, reducing CO2 emissions and chemicals, and recycling waste materials, their vineyards are grown according to organic principles: use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, GMOs and GMO-derived products is forbidden.
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy