- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Campania
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: San Salvatore
- Primary grape: Aglianico
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £19.61
- Code: 29117
- SILVER (2016) International Wine Challenge 2018
- BRONZE (2015) Decanter World Wine Awards 2017
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This organic red wine from San Salvatore in Campania. Fresh, savoury, berry-fruit flavours that are excellent with light game, rich chicken and pork dishes. Formed from primarily Aglianico grapes, this wine is ethically produced and vegetarian. You shouldn't find this wine anywhere else, it is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by San Salvatore.
Found almost exclusively in Southern Italy in the regions of Campania and Basilicata. Wines produced from Aglianico tend to be full-bodied with firm tannins and high acidity.
- Black Cherry
- Spiced Plum
- White Pepper
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy