- Type: Red
- Country: Argentina
- Region: Mendoza
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Puro
- Primary grape: Malbec
- Secondary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £13.52
- Code: 28937
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This organic red wine from Puro in Mendoza. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak. Formed from primarily Malbec grapes, this wine is ethically produced, vegan and vegetarian friendly. To the best of our knowledge, this wine is wine is an on-trade exclusive. Supplied by Las Bodegas.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
Malbec is a deeply coloured, intense and tannic, but fruity red. Since Argentina has almost taken it on as its own, it's grown increasingly in popularity. Typically Malbec has flavour characteristics of baked plums, black cherry, violets, sweet spice and sometimes coffee.
- Red Plum
“Our aim is to produce the best organic wines in the world, which is possible in Argentina.” Fresh, compelling, these captivating organic wines are filled with charisma and adventure, paying tribute to the land and culture that defines them; wines of complexity and elegance achieved through simplicity. The wines, made by winemaker Marcelo Pelleriti, after success in Bordeaux, is now plying his stylish trade at Ojo de Vino, working with 100% organic grapes grown at 1,000 metres above sea level.
Blessed with outstanding natural diversity, as well as a real desire to put sustainability at the heart of their winemaking, Argentia remains a committed and naturally exciting wine producing country.Explore Argentina