- Type: Red
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Western Cape
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Nederburg
- Primary grape: Grenache/Garnacha
- Secondary grape: Carignan
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.44
- Code: 29058
- 2016, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This fabulous red Wine produced by Nederburg is made in the Western Cape. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Distell. Nederburg The Motorcycle Marvel Grenache-Carignan-Shiraz, Western Cape is an inviting wine, made with Grenache/Garnacha, Carignan and Shiraz/Syrah grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made with added suplhites but is good for vegetarian drinkers. A great all-rounder, as good with Mediterranean dishes as with spicy food or a Sunday roast.
Gray-NAHSH / Ga'rr-NAH-cha
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
Carignan is a red grape variety of Spanish origin that is more commonly found in French wine but is widely planted throughout the western Mediterranean and around the globe.
- Baking Spices
- Cured Meat
- Dried Cranberry
- Tobacco Leaf
Nederburg is South Africa’s most decorated name in wine, with more prizes and accolades than any other winery in South Africa including, Platter’s Winery of the year, 2017, number 36 for Drinks International ‘Worlds Most Admired Brands’ and in 2016, won International Wine & Spirit Competition South African Wine Producer of the Year trophy for the second time in four years. Nederburg is heavily involved in sustainability projects and WIETA accredited, promoting ethical trade in the wine industry.
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa