- Type: Red
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Western Cape
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Nederburg
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £6.81
- Code: 24585
- 2016, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This fabulous red wine from Nederburg is made in the Western Cape. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Distell. Nederburg The Manor Shiraz is an inspired wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Adds spice and juicy fruit, to full-flavoured beef, lamb or game dishes.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Nederburg is South Africa’s most decorated name in wine, with more prizes and accolades than any other winery in South Africa including, Platter’s Winery of the year, 2017, number 36 for Drinks International ‘Worlds Most Admired Brands’ and in 2016, won International Wine & Spirit Competition South African Wine Producer of the Year trophy for the second time in four years. Nederburg is heavily involved in sustainability projects and WIETA accredited, promoting ethical trade in the wine industry.
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa