- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Murcia
- Vintage: 2015
- Producer: Casa Rojo
- Primary grape: Monastrell
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £19.88
- Code: 36227
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This terrific red Wine by Casa Rojo originates from Murcia. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Casa Rojo. MMM Macho Man Monastrel Jumilla, Casa Rojo is a delighful wine, made from Monastrell grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Rich, brooding, fruit-driven partner for bold beef and lamb dishes with rich sauces.
A deeply bold, smoky red wine found in abundance in Central Spain and Southern France (where it’s known as Mourvèdre).
- Black Pepper
- Roasted Meat
The Casa Rojo team take a creative approach to the whole business of wine, building a sense of fun and spirit into an immersive experience with grape and terroir. The passion of these ‘wine designers’ can be experienced through a joyful journey to seven regions to meet some of the native grapes that are grown there.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain