- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Castilla y Leon
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Casa Rojo
- Primary grape: Verdejo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.78
- Code: 36224
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This excellent white Wine produced by Casa Rojo originates from Castilla y Leon. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Casa Rojo. El Gordo del Circo Verdejo Rueda, Casa Rojo is an inviting wine, made from Verdejo grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Zesty and aromatic with a soft, ripe fruit an ideal partner for flavoursome seafood dishes.
Arguably Spain's finest white grape variety, a herbaceous white wine that grows almost exclusively in the Rueda region of Spain. Not to be confused with Verdelho, a Portuguese grape used primarily in Madeira. Typically Verdejo dominated wines are crisp with soft, creamy, nutty overtones, and often accompanied by notes of honey.
- White Peach
The Casa Rojo team take a creative approach to the whole business of wine, building a sense of fun and spirit into an immersive experience with grape and terroir. The passion of these ‘wine designers’ can be experienced through a joyful journey to seven regions to meet some of the native grapes that are grown there.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain