- Type: Red
- Country: Chile
- Region: Rapel Valley
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Luis Felipe Edwards
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £5.72
- Code: 23036
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Luis Felipe Edwards in Rapel Valley. A great all-rounder, as good with Mediterranean dishes as with spicy food or a Sunday roast. Formed from primarily Merlot grapes, this wine is ethically produced, vegan and vegetarian friendly. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Luis Felipe Edwards.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
In 1976, Luis Felipe began nurturing the gnarly old vines that were planted in the 1930s, as well as planting several new grape varieties. Today, under the control of his eldest son, Luis Felipe Jr. the company is now recognised worldwide as one of Chile’s leading producers. With 1,850 hectares of estate vineyards within the Colchagua, Colchagua Costa, Leyda and Maule valleys, Luis Felipe Edwards has grown to become the largest 100% family owned winery in Chile.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile