- Type: White
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Elgin Valley
- Vintage: 2016/2018
- Producer: Shannon
- Primary grape: Semillon
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £13.90
- Code: 31403
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This enjoyable white Wine from Shannon is crafted in the Elgin Valley. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Shannon Vineyards. Shannon Semillon, Elgin is an inviting wine, made from Semillon grapes. This screwcap wine is available to order online today. Deliciously zesty and zippy, makes fish and seafood dishes shine.
Semillon produces some of the sweet most famous French wines. It brings stone fruit such as apricot, peach, nectarine and mango, with secondary notes of citrus, nut and honey.
- Yellow Peach
Their focus on viticultural principles reflects their commitment to winemaking as an expression of terroir. The grapes come from mountain hillside vineyards; these unique vineyard sites, combined with a highly experienced viticultural team and a winemaking philosophy based on minimal intervention, produce wines with distinctive personalities.Members of the Green Mountain Eco Route, the world’s first biodiversity wine route incorporating conservation, sustainability and social mobility.
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa