- Type: White
- Country: Chile
- Region: Central Valley
- Vintage: 2018/2019
- Producer: Santa Rita
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Secondary grape: Sémillon
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £7.83
- Code: 50013
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This delightful white Wine created by Santa Rita is grown in the Central Valley. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Santa Rita. Santa Rita 120 Sauvignon Blanc, Central Valley is a mouth-watering wine, made with Sauvignon Blanc, Sémillon and Chenin Blanc grapes. This screwcap wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Deliciously zesty and zippy, makes fish and seafood dishes shine. This a core range wine.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Established in 1880 and based outside Santiago, Santa Rita is one of Chile’s oldest, respected wineries. Their flagship Santa Rita 120, is the best-selling Chilean wine brand. It has been recognised globally for its sustainability management - environmentally friendly, socially equitable and economically viable across all practices. Sustainability is top of the agenda and was the first wine group to be certified under Chile’s National Code, successfully re-certified annually since 2011.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile