- Type: White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Umbria
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Bigi
- Primary grape: Trebbiano/Ugni Blanc
- Secondary grape: Verdello
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £7.86
- Code: 19486
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This delightful white Wine by Bigi is grown in the Orvieto area of Umbria. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by GIV Grouppo Italiano Vini. Orvieto Classico Amabile, Bigi is an interesting wine, made with Trebbiano/Ugni Blanc, Verdello and Grechetto grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is now available to order via MC Live. Light and fruity with a touch of sweetness, works well with chicken, fish and salads.
This grape is used to create Cognac and Brandy for its high acidity and low in sugar. The wine is generally dry and crisp, but with a fresh and fruity flavor and a bitter almond note at the end.
- Citrus Zest
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy