- Type: White
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Stellenbosch
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Kleine Zalze
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.41
- Code: 31445
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Kleine Zalze in Stellenbosch. Brilliant with roasted pork, vegetable dishes and creamy sauces. Formed from primarily Chardonnay grapes, this wine is ethically produced. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Hatch Mansfield.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
The team believe the key to selling wine in the on-trade is to understand how the wine behaves on the floor and owning their own hotel/restaurant gives them opportunity to practise, they can stand alongside Matthew Clark customers and understand their work. Winemaker, Alastair Rimmer, likes the diversity that terroir affords, his focus keenly attuned to the styles of wine that work in various markets, as well as reflecting the unique, intrinsic terroir of the wines he produces
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa