- Type: White
- Country: USA
- Region: New York
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: Dr. Konstantin Frank
- Primary grape: Gewürztraminer
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £16.53
- Code: 50006
- SILVER (2016) Sommelier Wine Awards 2018
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Dr. Konstantin Frank in New York State. Try with coconut-based curries and other spicy Asian dishes. It is created with mosty Gewürztraminer grapes. To the best of our knowledge, this wine is wine is an on-trade exclusive. Supplied by Dr Konstantin Frank.
Gewürztraminer is a very distinctive aromatic variety. It's often full bodied, almost oily in texture with typical tasting notes of lychees and rose and can be spicy. Sometimes off-dry it can make a delightful wine match to Asian foods. However, high alcohol can be common and too much spice can clash.
The 2018 vintage was a welcome break for Californian wineries who over the last few years haven't had it easy with whole regions being threatened by the weather. Stereotyped for its big, bodied reds, there is certainly a lot more to the USA.Explore USA