- Type: White
- Country: Argentina
- Region: San Juan
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Finca los Moras
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.71
- Code: 35763
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This excellent white Wine by Finca los Moras is made in San Juan. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Penaflor. Alma Mora Chardonnay, San Juan is an inspired wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. A fine match for seafood, tasty chicken or spicy pork dishes.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
Finca los Moras wines are distributed in over 45 countries around the world. The origin of the winery was borne out of the terroir of the San Juan valleys of Tulum, Zonda and Pedernal; the variety of of microclimatic conditions brings intensity, youthfulness and aroma to the blends. ‘Moras’ refers to the blackberries grown on the trees that are widely planted on the estate; it is their symbol of fruit at its greatest expression.
Blessed with outstanding natural diversity, as well as a real desire to put sustainability at the heart of their winemaking, Argentia remains a committed and naturally exciting wine producing country.Explore Argentina