- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Catalunya
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Villa Conchi
- Primary grape: Xarel.lo
- Secondary grape: Parellada
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £12.88
- Code: 29895
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This super white Sparkling Wine produced by Villa Conchi is grown in Catalunya. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Araex. Villa Conchi Brut Reserva, Cava is a delighful wine, made with Xarel.Lo, Parellada and Maccabeu/Macabeo grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Delicious with salty and fried seafood, rice and rustic chicken dishes.
- Lime Blossom
- Raw Almond
- White Peach
- Green Apple
Javier Galarreta is the founder of a group of 16 independent winegrowers. The Villa Conchi Cava range is named in homage of Javier Galarreta’s mother “Conchi”, who loved and enjoyed sparkling wine but only those that showed elegance and distinction. Her taste was an inspiration for Javier’s quest to produce a ‘different’ Cava style with a fresher character than is traditional.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain