- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Catalunya
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Freixenet
- Primary grape: Maccabeu
- Secondary grape: Parellada
- Bottle size: 20cl
- List price: £3.31
- Code: 25870
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This excellent white Sparkling Wine from Freixenet is made in Catalunya. Available in 20cl single serve bottles, imported by Freixenet Copestick Murray. Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut Cava is a delicious wine, made with Maccabeu, Parellada and Xarel.lo grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is now available to order via MC Live. Delicious with salty and fried seafood, rice and rustic chicken dishes.
- Green Apple
The Freixenet team, headed up by Manel Quintana is renowned for quality and consistency of the world-leading Denominación de Origen sparkling wine that it produces. Family-owned with over 150 years of winemaking heritage, Freixenet has always produced wine sustainably. One of the first wine companies to be awarded ISO14001 and sponsors of Wineries for Climate Protection. Committed to reducing waste and running an efficient energy programme to conserving biodiversity and limiting chemical use.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain