- Type: Sparkling Wine Rosé
- Country: England
- Region: England
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Nyetimber
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Secondary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £39.50
- Code: 31293
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Rosé sparkling wines
- Sushi and sashimi; flavoursome seafood such as mullet with fennel or tuna tartare. Grilled lobster, prawns and crab
- Cured meats, full-flavoured duck dishes; chicken, pork and rich game meats such as pheasant or grouse
- Tomato-dominated sauces and other full-flavoured and savoury sauces. Truffle oil, Aioli, BBQ or mushroom sauces
- Middle-eastern mezze style lamb dishes and Asian flavours; Indian snack foods and Tandoori spice
- Artichokes, leeks, asparagus and wild mushrooms. Egg, niçoise, fish and rocket salads.
About the Wine
This super rosé Sparkling Wine by Nyetimber is grown in England. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Nyetimber Ltd. Nyetimber Rosé, England is an inviting wine, made with Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Pairs beautifully with canapés and bowls of fresh English strawberries. This wine is now part of our core range.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
In 2006, Eric Heerema became the owner and custodian of Nyetimber, believing that the estate, with its ideal soil and location, had yet to achieve full potential. In 2018, Head Winemaker Cherie Spriggs won the title of Sparkling Winemaker of the Year at the International Wine Challenge, making history by becoming the first female and person from outside of Champagne to win this prestigious award, testament to her expertise and commitment to elevating Nyetimber to the status it has today.
The excitement around English wines continues to grow with more area under vine and further investments, not to mention global accolades, year on year. With the call for 'local' ever more apparent to the consumer, now is the time to explore the best our nation's vineyards have to offer.Explore England