- Type: Rosé
- Country: Argentina
- Region: Mendoza
- Vintage: 2018/2019
- Producer: Portillo
- Primary grape: Malbec
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.12
- Code: 24553
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, elegant rosés
- Generally light and/or softer cheeses e.g. Appenzeller, feta. Contrasts well with harder, salty styles e.g. parmesan
- Bouillabaisse, grilled or seared fish e.g. John Dory, sea bass, tuna
- Basil, capers, chervil, chives, oregano, saffron, thyme
- Seared, grilled pan-fried chicken, guinea fowl, veal, pork
- Aioli, BBQ, balsamic vinegar and citrus-based dressings. Rouille
- Asian spicy chicken and seafood curries. Chinese (Cantonese). Mediterranean fish and chicken dishes spiced with chilli
- Mediterranean salads, chick peas, ratatouille, roasted red peppers, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This cracking rosé Wine created by Portillo is crafted in the Uco Valley area of Mendoza. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Salentein. Portillo Malbec Rosé, Uco Valley, Mendoza is a flavourful wine, made from Malbec grapes. This screwcap wine is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Deliciously versatile rosé, ideal with salads, seafood, grilled chicken or pasta.
Malbec is a deeply coloured, intense and tannic, but fruity red. Since Argentina has almost taken it on as its own, it's grown increasingly in popularity. Typically Malbec has flavour characteristics of baked plums, black cherry, violets, sweet spice and sometimes coffee.
- Red Plum
Blessed with outstanding natural diversity, as well as a real desire to put sustainability at the heart of their winemaking, Argentia remains a committed and naturally exciting wine producing country.Explore Argentina