- Type: Rosé
- Country: Italy
- Region: Italy
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Castelbello
- Primary grape: Sangiovese
- Secondary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £5.25
- Code: 34136
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, elegant rosés
- Generally light and/or softer cheeses e.g. Appenzeller, feta. Contrasts well with harder, salty styles e.g. parmesan
- Bouillabaisse, grilled or seared fish e.g. John Dory, sea bass, tuna
- Basil, capers, chervil, chives, oregano, saffron, thyme
- Seared, grilled pan-fried chicken, guinea fowl, veal, pork
- Aioli, BBQ, balsamic vinegar and citrus-based dressings. Rouille
- Asian spicy chicken and seafood curries. Chinese (Cantonese). Mediterranean fish and chicken dishes spiced with chilli
- Mediterranean salads, chick peas, ratatouille, roasted red peppers, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This delightful rosé Wine from Castelbello is crafted in Italy. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Enoitalia. Castelbello Rosato, Italia is a delicious wine, made with Sangiovese and Merlot grapes. This screwcap wine is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Fruit-driven rosé, great with chicken, salads and pasta.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
At its best Sangiovese produces great wines, such as Chianti, Brunello di Montalchino as well as used in blends coined as Super Tuscans. Sangiovese is high in acidity with a sour red cherry fruit character, and sometimes quite earthy with grippy tannin.
- Roasted Tomato
- Sweet Balsamic
- Sweet Tobacco
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy