- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Galicia
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Virgen de Galir
- Primary grape: Mencía
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £12.80
- Code: 38405
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
A red wine made by Virgen de Galir. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak. Made in Spain from Mencia grapes, the wine is ethically produced, vegan and suitable for vegetarian diets. Supplied by Hatch Mansfield. New to the range as part of our Autumn Release 2019.
Mencia is a mix of fruity flavours. The dominant flavours of this wine are sour cherry, pomegranate, crushed gravel and black liquorice. Medium to high-bodied wine with a high amount of tanning.
- Crushed Gravel
- Tart Cherry
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain