- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Castilla y Leon
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Torres
- Primary grape: Tempranillo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.03
- Code: 19522
- 2016, Silver Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This cracking red Wine produced by Torres is crafted in the Ribera del Duero area of Castilla y Leon. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Fells. Celeste, Ribera del Duero Crianza, Torres is a mouth-watering wine, made from Tempranillo grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is now available to order via MC Live. Rich, brooding, fruit-driven partner for bold beef and lamb dishes with rich sauces.
The grape behind Rioja and widely planted in Spain in general. Tempranillo lends itself to significant oak ageing, it tastes of ripe
strawberry, autumnal, baked, berry fruit with sweet Christmas spices.
- Sweet Tobacco
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain