- Type: Red
- Country: Australia
- Region: South Eastern Australia
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Stowells
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Secondary grape: Mourvèdre/Monastrell
- Bottle size: 3lt
- List price: £27.62
- Code: 24269
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This superb red Wine produced by Stowells originates from South-Eastern Australia. Available in 300cl bag-in-box, distributed in the UK by Accolade Wines. Stowells Shiraz, South Eastern Australia is an interesting wine, made with Shiraz/Syrah and Mourvèdre/Monastrell grapes. This bag-in-box wine is available to order online today. Soft and spicy partner for beef and chicken dishes with spicy, tangy or fruity sauces. This wine is now part of our core range.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
A deeply bold, smoky red wine found in abundance in Central Spain and Southern France (where it’s known as Mourvèdre).
- Black Pepper
- Roasted Meat
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia