- Type: Red
- Country: Australia
- Region: South Eastern Australia
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Stowells
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Secondary grape: Mourvèdre/Monastrell
- Bottle size: 187ml
- List price: £1.85
- Code: 27225
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This cracking red Wine from Stowells is crafted in South-Eastern Australia. Available in 187ml single serve bottles, imported by Accolade Wines. Stowells Shiraz, South Eastern Australia is a delighful wine, made with Shiraz/Syrah and Mourvèdre/Monastrell grapes. This screwcap wine is now available to order via MC Live. Soft and spicy partner for beef and chicken dishes with spicy, tangy or fruity sauces.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
A deeply bold, smoky red wine found in abundance in Central Spain and Southern France (where it’s known as Mourvèdre).
- Black Pepper
- Roasted Meat
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia