- Type: Red
- Country: Australia
- Region: South Eastern Australia
- Vintage: NV/2016
- Producer: Hardys
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Secondary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bottle size: 187ml
- List price: £2.02
- Code: 27353
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This enjoyable red Wine produced by Hardys is crafted in South-Eastern Australia. Available in 187ml single serve bottles, imported by Accolade Wines. Hardys Stamp of Australia Shiraz-Cabernet Sauvignon, South Eastern Australia is a mouth-watering wine, made with Shiraz/Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. This screwcap wine is now available to order via MC Live. Soft and spicy partner for beef and chicken dishes with spicy, tangy or fruity sauces.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
In 1853, Bill Hardy’s great-great-grandfather, Thomas Hardy, started crafting wines in South Australia. Bill, along with several other members of the family, remains actively involved. Eileen Hardy, an active influence in the Hardy Wine Company and honoured with an OBE in 1977 for her outstanding contribution to the wine industry. In recognition, each vintage the winemakers select some of the best wines to carry the ‘Eileen Hardy’ name.
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia