- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: Fantinel
- Primary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.70
- Code: 33839
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This terrific red Wine produced by Fantinel is crafted in Friuli-Venezia Giulia. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Fantinel. Grave del Friuli Cabernet Sauvignon, Borgo Tesis, Fantinel is an inviting wine, made from Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
Fantinel, based in Spilimbergo in the heart of the Friuli region. A family owned winery established in 1969 by Mario ‘Paron’ Fantinel. Guided by the family’s third generation, represented by Marco and Stefano who manage 300 hectares within the two DOC regions of Grave del Friuli and Collio. A green approach has always been important; installation of a photovoltaic system in 2010 is an example. Their commitment towards sustainability has been a cornerstone of their viticulture since 2001.
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy