- Type: Red
- Country: Austria
- Region: Burgenland
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Goldenits
- Primary grape: Zweigelt
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £11.31
- Code: 35102
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This superb red Wine produced by Goldenits is made in Burgenland. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Goldenits. Goldenits Zweigold Zweigelt, Burgenland is a delighful wine, made from Zweigelt grapes. This screwcap wine is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Fresh, savoury, berry-fruit flavours that are excellent with light game, rich chicken and pork dishes.
- Black Pepper
- Sour Cherry
Savouring the taste of the Pannonian climate: Robert Goldenits’ winery is a family-run establishment managing a 29 ha vineyard in Tadten. Ripe and healthy grapes are of paramount importance for the vinification of the Goldenits wines. Practicing sustainable production with attention to protecting nature, vines and soil, Robert aims to keep our environment healthy and fertile for the generations to come, thus he totally refrains from applying insecticides or herbicides.
Grüner Veltliner is the grape to look out for here, making food-friendly, zesty whites in the cooler north-east. The red Zweigelt and Blaufrankisch grapes grown further east produce juicy, light to medium-bodied red wines.Explore Austria