- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Burgundy
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Louis Jadot
- Primary grape: Gamay
- Secondary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £13.60
- Code: 28214
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Light, bright, fresh reds
- Appenzeller, Brie, chaumes, Cheddar, Cheshire, Gruyère, Morbier, parmesan, Port-Salut. Creamy blue
- Bouillabaisse, cod with pancetta, seared e.g. salmon, sea bass, sea bream, tuna
- Anise, basil, bay leaf, capers, chives, mint, sage, saffron
- Light pork dishes, black pudding, charcuterie, roast chicken, goose, guinea fowl, turkey
- Bolognese, tomato-based sauces e.g. napoletana. Lasagne, spicy sauces e.g. arrabiata, chorizo and paprika
- Spicy, savoury e.g. teriyaki. Light Indian e.g. rogan josh. Jerk chicken or pork, piri-piri
- Smoked and cured-meat salads. Grilled vegetables, olives, ratatouille, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This fabulous red Wine from Louis Jadot is made in the Bourgogne area of Burgundy. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Hatch Mansfield. Coteaux Bourguignons Rouge Gamay-Pinot Noir, Louis Jadot is a delicious wine, made with Gamay and Pinot Noir grapes. This screwcap wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Fresh, savoury, berry-fruit flavours that are excellent with light game, rich chicken and pork dishes.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
A French variety planted predominately in Beaujolais. With a fruity, floral, easy drinking this grape created earthy light-bodied red deliciously juicy wines.
- Blackberry Bramble
- Potting Soil
Louis Jadot works closely with Matthew Clark, reserving some of their top wines and holding them in cellars in Beaune, giving the opportunity to enjoy Burgundy at its optimum maturity. From vineyard to bottle, sustainability is core. They've banned synthetic products on their soils applying tradition and encouraging vines to grow their roots to mine the soil’s minerality. Some of their vineyards have been managed biodynamically and investments made in an environmentally sympathetic way.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France