- Type: White
- Country: Germany
- Region: Rheinhessen
- Vintage: 2016/2018
- Producer: Weingut Winter
- Primary grape: Riesling
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £12.44
- Code: 35120
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This enjoyable white wine by Weingut Winter originates from Rheinhessen. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Stefan Winter. Weingut Winter Riesling Trocken is a delighful wine, made from Furmint grapes. This screwcap wine is created with added sulphites. Like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Mouth-watering and minerally, perfect with simply prepared seafood, chicken and salads.
Riesling, a versatile, aromatic grape variety that can be expected to have good acidity, often residual sugar and light in alcohol. It can be made dry or very sweet. Key characteristics are lime and petroleum on the nose, followed by orange, apple, blossom, passion fruit and honey on the palate.
- Passion Fruit
Weingut Winter, Dittelsheim is located between picturesque hills in the heart of the Rheinhessen wine region. Profound marly clay and limey soils characterize the wines. Stefan Winter started as wine-maker at the aged 20 in 2000, and continued cultivating the land. He's gained the region’s appreciation for his unrivalled quality. The winery is currently 20 hectares, focused on classic white grape varieties. Main variety is Riesling with over 65%, then Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc and Pinot Noir.
Germany produces some of the finest white wines in the world with a balance of rainfall and sunshine in a long growing season. The steeply terraced vineyards of the Mosel and Rhine rivers are beautiful to behold yet dangerous to work in.Explore Germany