- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Catalunya
- Vintage: 2019
- Producer: Torres
- Primary grape: Muscat/Moscato
- Secondary grape: Gewürztraminer
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.76
- Code: 12036
- BRONZE (2016) International Wine Challenge 2017
- BRONZE (2016) Decanter World Wine Awards 2017
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Torres in Catalunya. Light and grapey flavours, great with fruity and lighter Asian inspired dishes. Formed from primarily Muscat/Moscato grapes, this wine is ethically produced. Supplied by Fells.
Gewürztraminer is a very distinctive aromatic variety. It's often full bodied, almost oily in texture with typical tasting notes of lychees and rose and can be spicy. Sometimes off-dry it can make a delightful wine match to Asian foods. However, high alcohol can be common and too much spice can clash.
With almost 200 varieties of grapes in the muscat family, the biggest characteristics is its regional nuances and flavours.
- Asian Pear
- Mandarin Orange
- Meyer Lemon
- Orange Peel
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain