- Type: White
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Wairarapa
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Te Kairanga
- Primary grape: Riesling
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.79
- Code: 29221
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This delightful white Wine from Te Kairanga is crafted in Martinborough. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Foley Family Vineyards. Te Kairanga Riesling, Martinborough is a flavourful wine, made from Riesling grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Juicy and refreshing with delicious white fruit flavours, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood. This wine is part of our core range.
Riesling, a versatile, aromatic grape variety that can be expected to have good acidity, often residual sugar and light in alcohol. It can be made dry or very sweet. Key characteristics are lime and petroleum on the nose, followed by orange, apple, blossom, passion fruit and honey on the palate.
- Passion Fruit
Te Kairanga is one of the oldest and best positioned vineyards in Martinborough, located on free draining land once owned by the founding father of Martinborough, John Martin, in the late 1800s. Te Kairanga was recently purchased by the American billionaire and oenophile Bill Foley; his ambition is to produce the greatest Pinot Noir in the new world. He immediately recruited the legendary John Kavanagh as Head Winemaker. John is simply one of the best Pinot Noir winemakers in the New World.
Heralded as one of the best vintages of the decade, some might even say ever, 2019 has proved an excellent year for New Zealand winemakers. With optimum weather throughout the year, the wines have great fruit expression, balanced acidity, length and intensity.Explore New Zealand