- Type: White
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Murphy-Goode
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Secondary grape: Semillon
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £13.26
- Code: 38298
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
A white wine made by Murphy-Goode. Elegant and zesty, delicious with dishes featuring smoked salmon, tomatoes, asparagus, green herbs, goats' cheese or white fish. Made in USA from Sauvignon Blanc grapes, this wine is supplied by Jackson Family. New to the range as part of our Autumn Release 2019.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Semillon produces some of the sweet most famous French wines. It brings stone fruit such as apricot, peach, nectarine and mango, with secondary notes of citrus, nut and honey.
- Yellow Peach
The 2018 vintage was a welcome break for Californian wineries who over the last few years haven't had it easy with whole regions being threatened by the weather. Stereotyped for its big, bodied reds, there is certainly a lot more to the USA.Explore USA