- Type: White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Lazio
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Fontana Candida
- Primary grape: Malvasia
- Secondary grape: Trebbiano/Ugni Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £7.80
- Code: 19422
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This lovely white Wine produced by Fontana Candida is crafted in the Frascati area of Lazio. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by GIV Grouppo Italiano Vini. Frascati Terre dei Grifi, Fontana Candida is an inspired wine, made with Malvasia, Trebbiano/Ugni Blanc and Greco grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is available to order online today. Delicious bright, herbal notes - excellent with light Mediterranean, salad and seafood dishes. This wine is in our core range.
Malvasia is a variety of wine grapes which produces a range of rich white wines. This grape creates refined and classy wines.
- Green Almond
- Sea Shell
- White Peach
- Wild Flowers
This grape is used to create Cognac and Brandy for its high acidity and low in sugar. The wine is generally dry and crisp, but with a fresh and fruity flavor and a bitter almond note at the end.
- Citrus Zest
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy