- Type: White
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Echo Falls
- Primary grape: Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £6.48
- Code: 24342
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This lovely white Wine produced by Echo Falls is grown in California. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Accolade Wines. Echo Falls Pinot Grigio, California is an inspired wine, made from Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris grapes. This screwcap wine is now available to order via MC Live. Light and refreshing, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood.
Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
Pee-noe Gree-joe / Pee-noe Gree
Pinot Grigio and Pinot Gris are one in the same grape variety, but quite different in style. Pinot Grigio has gained an immense following in the UK, and most hails from north-east Italy, Veneto. It's lighter in style and best drunk young. Pinot Gris tends to have more body and is more vicious in texture.
Due to an extended, cooler growing season in 2019, grapes ripened with lower levels of sugar and a higher than average yield. The wines are full flavoured with fresh acidity and superb balance. The USA should not be overlooked for only producing full-bodied, powerful wines - there is so much more to discover beyond the stereotype.Explore USA