- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Castilla - La Mancha
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Ayrum
- Primary grape: Verdejo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £5.02
- Code: 28768
- 2018, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This super white Wine by Ayrum is produced in the Valdepeñas area of Castilla - La Mancha. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Felix Solis. Ayrum Verdejo Blanco, Valdepeñas is an inviting wine, made from Verdejo grapes. This screwcap wine is available to order online today. A fine match for seafood, tasty chicken or spicy pork dishes. This wine is within our core range for wine.
Arguably Spain's finest white grape variety, a herbaceous white wine that grows almost exclusively in the Rueda region of Spain. Not to be confused with Verdelho, a Portuguese grape used primarily in Madeira. Typically Verdejo dominated wines are crisp with soft, creamy, nutty overtones, and often accompanied by notes of honey.
- White Peach
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain