- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: France
- Region: Loire Valley
- Vintage: NV/2019
- Producer: Sauvion Crémant
- Primary grape: Chenin Blanc
- Secondary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £12.67
- Code: 29127
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This terrific white Sparkling Wine by Sauvion Crémant is produced in the Loire Valley. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Les Grands Chais de France. Sauvion Crémant de Loire Brut is a flavourful wine, made with Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is available to order online today. Great with roasted pork, vegetable dishes and creamy sauces.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
This great little grape is so diverse, it is capable of producing a broad range of wines from dry to very sweet and sparkling. It has a high acidity, can age very well, and makes a fantastic food wine.
- Passion Fruit
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France