- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Catalunya
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Paco & Lola
- Primary grape: Maccabeu/Macabeo
- Secondary grape: Xarel.lo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £13.12
- Code: 33915
- BRONZE (NV) Sommelier Wine Awards 2018
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This sparkling white wine is made by Paco & Lola in Catalunya. Delicious with salty and fried seafood, rice and rustic chicken dishes. Formed from primarily Maccabeu/Macabeo grapes, this wine is vegetarian. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Paco y Lola.
The wines have a taste mildly acidic, mildly alcoholic variety, with flavours of grapefruits and citrus. Macabeo is also call Viura and is the primary blending grape in Cava sparkling wines.
- Honeydew Melon
- Lemon Verbena
- Lime Peel
- Lime Blossom
- Raw Almond
- White Peach
A cooperative of 400 families: Founded in 2005, Paco & Lola is the fruit of a business initiative of a group of independent winegrowers from O Salnés who wanted to take their production to the highest level. The cooperative called “Sociedad Cooperativa Vitivinícola Arousana,” was born, making it the largest in D.O. Rías Baixas. Paco & Lola has almost 555 acres / 225ha of vineyards situated over more than 2000 plots of land, typical of the Galician small holdings.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain