- Type: Red
- Country: Chile
- Region: Casablanca Valley
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Veramonte
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.42
- Code: 39362
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This lovely red Wine by Veramonte is crafted in the Central Valley. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Gonzalez Byass. Veramonte Organic Pinot Noir, Central Valley is a flavourful wine, made from Pinot Noir grapes. This screwcap wine is made following organic practices and created to be suitable for vegan consumers.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Veramonte, including Primus wines, is a family-owned winery founded in the Casablanca valley. The environment is a priority and all the estates are farmed organically. Winemaker Sofía Araya believes it raises the quality of the wine with superior grapes from healthy, long-lived vineyards. Veramonte strives to grow grapes with character, taste and aroma, resulting in expressive and distinctive wines, where the terroir shines through. In 2017 Veramonte completed its organic vineyard certification.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile