- Type: White
- Country: Chile
- Region: Casablanca Valley
- Vintage: 2017/2019
- Producer: Veramonte
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.98
- Code: 36939
- 2018, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This cracking white wine produced by Veramonte originates from the Casablanca Valley. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Gonzalez Byass. Veramonte Organic Sauvignon Blanc is an inviting wine, made with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Carmenère grapes. This screwcap wine is created with added sulphites. The wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Deliciously zesty and zippy, makes fish and seafood dishes shine.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Veramonte, including Primus wines, is a family-owned winery founded in the Casablanca valley. The environment is a priority and all the estates are farmed organically. Winemaker Sofía Araya believes it raises the quality of the wine with superior grapes from healthy, long-lived vineyards. Veramonte strives to grow grapes with character, taste and aroma, resulting in expressive and distinctive wines, where the terroir shines through. In 2017 Veramonte completed its organic vineyard certification.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile