- Type: Red
- Country: Chile
- Region: Chile
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Veramonte
- Primary grape: Carmenère
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.42
- Code: 37840
- Organic Certified
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This cracking red Wine from Veramonte is grown in the Casablanca Valley. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Gonzalez Byass. Veramonte Organic Carmenère, Colchagua Valley is a mouth-watering wine, made from Carmenère grapes. This screwcap wine is crafted using organic practices and made to be suitable for vegan consumers. Carmenère matches well with lightly-spiced, savoury, meat dishes particularly those with Mediterranean herbs.
Carmenere wine has a deep red color and aromas found in red fruits, spices and berries. The tannins are gentler and softer than those in Cabernet Sauvignon and it is a medium body wine.
- Bell Pepper
- Black Plum
Veramonte, including Primus wines, is a family-owned winery founded in the Casablanca valley. The environment is a priority and all the estates are farmed organically. Winemaker Sofía Araya believes it raises the quality of the wine with superior grapes from healthy, long-lived vineyards. Veramonte strives to grow grapes with character, taste and aroma, resulting in expressive and distinctive wines, where the terroir shines through. In 2017 Veramonte completed its organic vineyard certification.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile