- Type: Red
- Country: Chile
- Region: Maipo Valley
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Santa Rita
- Primary grape: Carmenère
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £49.44
- Code: 39145
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This excellent red Wine from Santa Rita is grown in the Maipo Valley. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Santa Rita. Santa Rita Pehuen, Maipo is a delicious wine, made from Camenere grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Sustainability has always been key and Santa Rita was the first wine group to be certified under Chile’s National Code and has been successfully re-certified every year since 2011. Their commitment to sustainability ensures that their activities are in harmony with communities nearby and viable long term. Their care for the environment is evidenced by the launch of their canned wine innovation, Rita Rosé and Rita Blanc.
Carmenere wine has a deep red color and aromas found in red fruits, spices and berries. The tannins are gentler and softer than those in Cabernet Sauvignon and it is a medium body wine.
- Bell Pepper
- Black Plum
Established in 1880 and based outside Santiago, Santa Rita is one of Chile’s oldest, respected wineries. Their flagship Santa Rita 120, is the best-selling Chilean wine brand. It has been recognised globally for its sustainability management - environmentally friendly, socially equitable and economically viable across all practices. Sustainability is top of the agenda and was the first wine group to be certified under Chile’s National Code, successfully re-certified annually since 2011.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile