- Type: Red
- Country: Argentina
- Region: Mendoza
- Vintage: 2015
- Producer: Salentein
- Primary grape: Malbec
- Secondary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £21.81
- Code: 25083
- 2015, Silver Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This wonderful red Wine from Salentein is grown in the Uco Valley area of Mendoza. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Salentein. Salentein Numina Gran Corte, Uco Valley, Mendoza is a mouth-watering wine, made with Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Relish the heat up when paired with spicy dishes; peps up grilled and roasted beef or lamb dishes.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
Malbec is a deeply coloured, intense and tannic, but fruity red. Since Argentina has almost taken it on as its own, it's grown increasingly in popularity. Typically Malbec has flavour characteristics of baked plums, black cherry, violets, sweet spice and sometimes coffee.
- Red Plum
Salentein Estate in the Uco Valley has roots that extend back to the 17th century and The Society of Jesus. The goal of this award winning bodega, says Winemaker José Galante, ‘is to make exceptional wines while supporting the local people and community and encouraging local biodiversity.’ They gained ISO 14001 status in 2010 with vineyard management focused on sustainable viticulture practices such as natural fertilisers and 100% water recycling from the wineries.
Blessed with outstanding natural diversity, as well as a real desire to put sustainability at the heart of their winemaking, Argentia remains a committed and naturally exciting wine producing country.Explore Argentina