- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Burgundy
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Mommessin
- Primary grape: Gamay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £12.38
- Code: 37595
- 2017, Bronze Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
- 2017, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This enjoyable red Wine created by Mommessin is made in the Beaujolais area of Burgundy. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by FGV Boisset. Mommessin Les Grandes Mises, Saint-Amour is an inspired wine, made from Gamay grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Made from the easy-going Gamay grape - excellent with light game, rich chicken and pork dishes.
A French variety planted predominately in Beaujolais. With a fruity, floral, easy drinking this grape created earthy light-bodied red deliciously juicy wines.
- Blackberry Bramble
- Potting Soil
Located at the foot of Mont Brouilly, Mommessin is the alliance of two regions: Burgundy and Beaujolais. Making the most of these two winemaking cultures and their exceptional assets has defined Mommessin’s unique style since 1865. The Grandes Mises range, created to illustrate this revival could be translated as “Great Cuvee” to signify very high end wines. The best grapes are selected from each plot, vinified separately and created in limited quantities, which are declared on each bottle.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France