- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Burgundy
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Mommessin
- Primary grape: Gamay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £12.64
- Code: 37594
- 2016, Silver Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This wonderful red Wine produced by Mommessin is produced in the Beaujolais area of Burgundy. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by FGV Boisset. Mommessin Les Grandes Mises, Morgon Les Charmes is an inviting wine, made from Gamay grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Made from the easy-going Gamay grape - excellent with light game, rich chicken and pork dishes.
A French variety planted predominately in Beaujolais. With a fruity, floral, easy drinking this grape created earthy light-bodied red deliciously juicy wines.
- Blackberry Bramble
- Potting Soil
Located at the foot of Mont Brouilly, Mommessin is the alliance of two regions: Burgundy and Beaujolais. Making the most of these two winemaking cultures and their exceptional assets has defined Mommessin’s unique style since 1865. The Grandes Mises range, created to illustrate this revival could be translated as “Great Cuvee” to signify very high end wines. The best grapes are selected from each plot, vinified separately and created in limited quantities, which are declared on each bottle.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France