- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Toscana
- Vintage: 2014
- Producer: Vicchiomaggio
- Primary grape: Sangiovese
- Secondary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £24.93
- Code: 30471
- 2016, Silver Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
- 2016, Silver Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This cracking red Wine created by Vicchiomaggio originates from the Chianti area of Toscana. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Vinimpo. Ripa delle More Toscana, Castello Vicchiomaggio is a delighful wine, made with Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Rich and intense flavours that are perfect for full-flavoured beef and pasta dishes.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
At its best Sangiovese produces great wines, such as Chianti, Brunello di Montalchino as well as used in blends coined as Super Tuscans. Sangiovese is high in acidity with a sour red cherry fruit character, and sometimes quite earthy with grippy tannin.
- Roasted Tomato
- Sweet Balsamic
- Sweet Tobacco
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy