- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Rioja
- Vintage: 2012/2016
- Producer: Rolland & Galarreta
- Primary grape: Tempranillo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £13.45
- Code: 26973
- BRONZE (2014) International Wine & Spirit Competition 2018
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Rolland & Galarreta in Rioja. Fruity, smooth Rioja is ideal with spicy chicken, grilled or roasted dark meats and rich vegetarian dishes. Formed from primarily Tempranillo grapes, this wine is vegetarian. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Araex.
The grape behind Rioja and widely planted in Spain in general. Tempranillo lends itself to significant oak ageing, it tastes of ripe
strawberry, autumnal, baked, berry fruit with sweet Christmas spices.
- Sweet Tobacco
Rolland & Galarreta, a partnership between the renowned winemaker Michel Rolland and Spanish winegrower Javier Galarreta. Making; Rueda: aromatic, full-bodied, soft white wines; made from 100% old vine Verdejo, crafted in French oak barrels where it’s fermented and aged on the lees for a short period. Ribera del Duero: mainly Tempranillo goes into this wine with some Merlot. Rioja Alavesa: made from 100% old vine Tempranillo from the cool highlands of Alava and just the right level of oak.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain